Volunteer course design - short list of requirements

To: Fvw94svt@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Volunteer course design - short list of requirements
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 22:12:15 EST
Fred,
I want to build course that has the following:
-be able to over run cars at least 2
-possibly re-running part of the course as I did in the Evolution Driving
School (McKamey) and the AAS test and tune, makes good use of smaller sites
- a third gear section or two
- maybe one long high speed slalom and a couple of shorter ones
- chicago deep dish boxes, and offset gates
- one first gear hairpin
- 60 - 85 second runs, better value for racers
- a few wide gated sections where you can really define your own line, also
like the AAS test and tune
- maybe a curved slalom, and and exaggerated slalom (moving the cones out to
the sides, rather than just in a straight line) so you actually need to work
the car more
- also can we work in split timers like McKamey so we can give people info
about where they are making progress?

Where can I get some overhead print outs of 3com, and Network associates?
Also has anyone used any software to design course, AutoCAD, Paint, etc., or
is a pencil and paper the tools of the trade? I figure I'll start
brainstorming sections on paper and then bring them into CAD. Once they are
in CAD i can clip sections out of good course, and sorta paste them together
when designing a new course.
~Nanda and UFO