AP/BP Corvettes (was: SCCA dumps Trans-Am, sort of.)

To: "Autox@Autox. Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: AP/BP Corvettes (was: SCCA dumps Trans-Am, sort of.)
From: Rick Brown <rbrown7@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:09:51 -0800
John Kelly wrote:

>Our beloved SEB has already created a NEW A Prepared class that
>welcomes such interesting cars as Rick Brown's semi-tube-frame Corvette
>w/600hp.  The good news there is he'll have Jim McKamey's Triumph TR8 to
run
>against. Me?, I'll be there too.

John,

We were as surprised as anybody seeing you could run a Corvette in AP now.
Unfortunately, with a genuine stock frame under all our tubes we're way over
minimum weight for AP even with no ballast. I'll keep the car in BP, thank
you very much.

A real tube frame Corvette that can get closer to the minimum weight+10%
tube frame tax with good weight distribution would be interesting in AP. We
don't have that at our 2560 pounds with no ballast.  Maybe Jim thinks he has
the Triumph equivalent of this.

We'll see if we can beat Randy in BP in our "semi" tube frame BP car that
weighs 900 pounds more than his RX-7.  Maybe for ballast we'll bolt in an
obsolete non-snowmobile A-mod car for the 900 pounds. Jim McKamy probably
has one lying around.

Good luck with Jim's TR-8 in AP. Maybe you should lobby for getting the
seven into BP  ;-)

Rick Brown
BP (AP, whatever) Corvette