Re: Got Sirota PAX analysis?

To: "Eric Salem" <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Got Sirota PAX analysis?
From: philip ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:58:11 -0600
On Dec 27, 2005, at 9:16 PM, Eric Salem wrote:

>  Okay, here's my question about PAX in general: Besides golf and
> bowling is
> there any other pastime with a handicapping system? Is Solo at the
> same
> level of intensity of Golf and bowling? Does the PAX mean we're all
> just
> Sunday golfers?
>
> Said differently why would we want a set of rules that try to
> compare a
> viper to a honda?

I can only speak for our local Council.  We have a class for street
cars, called the "T" class.  It is scored on PAX, and is open to any
car from any Met Council class where sticky tires are normally
allowed.  This is a popular class, with about 20 entrants at a
typical event here.

For instance, I am running in the "T" class in a stock Miata.  The
class posted on the car is ES T.

Obviously, we are not going to let you run the class with your STS
car, because you would be double-dipping on the PAX.