Re: Off Subject ... pls help anyway if u can ..

To: wheelspinner@charter.net
Subject: Re: Off Subject ... pls help anyway if u can ..
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 13:01:49 EST
In a message dated 1/16/2005 12:33:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wheelspinner@charter.net writes:
>My mini in on the dock in England - coming my way soon.  I now need to
figure how to tie it down on my trailer.  I was told there are four (4) slots
in
the frame that take a "TEE" type hook - then you attach the straps onto it..
By
any chance, is this "TEE" the same as used to tie down Corvettes for
transport on the railroad ?  If not, could one you expert BMW steer me the
right way ?

Thanks.

Gerald Crump
St. Charles, MO

Gerald,

Probably, yes.  Lots of places that sell trailers and trailer supplies carry
them.
They're more commonly found now than they were a couple of years ago.  They
make attaching and removing tiedown straps a much more pleasant experience.

>From personal experience, I know they work with late-model BMW's, Porsches,
and MINI's.  The slots are usually just behind the front wheelwells and just
in
front of the rear wheelwells, and they have a large plastic or rubber plug in
them.
I think they also are intended to serve as jack/lift points.

If you use them, be sure to cross your tiedown straps in an "X" pattern, since
the t-hooks have to stay at ~45deg to the slot opening so as not to fall out
if
the strap gets slack in it while you're towing.

GH