Re: STS Tires and down memory lane

To: "JD Kemp" <kempgeoservice@yahoo.com>, <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: STS Tires and down memory lane
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 20:42:25 -0600
> 195/60-14 (yuck, as if)"
> I remember buying my first set of "performance" tires for Lucretia so that
I could go autocrossing...  They were 195/60-14 Goodyears, and I thought
they were really WIDE!

I have 175-60-13 Kumho stickies on the car I am autocrossing now.  Well, I
am between seasons.

> Hmmmm....  Do I start to sound like Phil Ethier?  (Love ya, Phil!)

I don't think either one of us Old Fartz have any claim to being really
early in the autocross game, although we predate Solo2.  I have a picture of
John Kelly winning an event in the fifties in a big Healey.  Heck, I didn't
start autocrossing until 1968.

> Peace, Love & Pushrods-

Pushrods.  There's something else my current autocross car has.  My steet
machine is DOHC.

> JD Kemp (Turned 50 on Tuesday) &
> "Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB (turned 34 in October)

TR44SUE is 42.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"TOOLS?  Hell, any fool can work with tools.  It takes a real mechanic to
work with this junk." -Orv Ethier, 1921-2004.  First Shot Naval Vets, Pearl
Harbor Survivor.