Re: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?

To: "Evolution Discussion" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:06:50 -0500
It's simple.  Really, it is.

If there is no actual requirement in the current rules for each Solo2
participant to have in their possession a current Rule book, as is often
written into an event's Supplemental regulations, then there should be one
written ASAP.  There are enough rules in the book that require frequent
referencing to the rule book for clarification purposes, that to not require
each participant to own a rule book is absurd.

We then raise the annual dues of members participating in Solo2 events the
same amount as is normally charged for each year's Solo2 Rule book, plus one
buck to cover media-rate postage.  When the next Solo2 rule Book is
available it is automagically mailed out, complete with delivery
confirmation, to each member who has paid for it.

Upon completion of that member's local or national annual tech inspection,
the "pass" card/sticker/whatever with the vehicle's information is then
affixed into that members rule book for presentation at future events.

IMO, the more we treat the Solo2 Rule Book as a "centralized" location for
any item such as an annual inspection sticker, like a Club Racing Log Book,
the better.

End of problem.

Eric (own every rule book since I've started, as it should be.)