RE: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?

To: Dave Whitworth <dave@wcsllc.net>
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:33:59 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Dave Whitworth wrote:
> I'd have to say this is probably an SCCA question, or at least one for
> Doug....

Yeah, I'll do this...

> However, I also think that you are making too much of a deal out of
> this...there is no '05 rulebook CD, so a CD that says anything won't be
> acceptable.  I would guess that ANY situation that asks for a copy of
> the book will require a copy of the actual book, not a print out, or
> chiseled on stone, or hacked into a pile of 1's and 0's on a 10" floppy
> disk from 1970 :-)
>

> Are we going to spend all damn winter torturing the decision to offer
> electronic rulebooks (which "we" asked for, BTW) with improbable
> scenarios?

:-)

Hey, it was one of the first questions on our local autox board that came
up when someone saw that the '05 rules were going to be online.

FWIW, I have no problem whatsoever with requiring a rulebook and think its
a good idea, but I also want our region to be in line with what other
regions are doing.

And Chuck, not only is annual tech allowed via the rules (see section
3.3.3), as I read it some form of annual tech _must_ be provided by all
regions, since 3.3.3 is a required section of the rulebook.

Mark