Re: Fiero upgrade, new GTO - hmmm - Pontiacs and autocross?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fiero upgrade, new GTO - hmmm - Pontiacs and autocross?
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:40:19 -0500
George Ryan wrote:

>I requested allowance to put the entire cradle and rear
supension form a STOCK
>1988 Fiero into an early chassis.

You're leaving something out here. Did your proposal involve
cutting and/or welding? If so, that's specifically prohibited by
the U/B rule. If not, it's legal in SP already.

>The purpose of the request was to even the playing field in SP
and SM2 for 92% of
>the Fiero community so they can compete heads-up with the other
8%, the '88
>model.

Why not just buy an 88 then?

>I thought the purpose of update/backdate in the first place was
to do just that,
>to even the playing field within the same car/model?

That's a highly self-serving statement, and it's only partially
true. U/B has specifically-stated limits (neither the part nor
the car can be modified to facilitate the U/B), and you're trying
to pretend they don't exist. The limits have very good reasons
for being there: to prevent the construction of hybrid
"body-in-white" vehicles unrelated to anything the factory made.

Jay