RE: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: shop manuals
From: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:04:32 -0500
>restrictions imposed by combining multiple model years into one book (most
>memorable one I have encountered involved a heater core change on a
>friend's Fox-bodied Mustang.  The '79-'86 model described in the Chilton's
>'79-'93 book was very easy - remove glovebox and an access panel, then
>remove core, the '87-'93 model I was working on had a different instrument
>panel and was considerably different -- I couldn't find a way to do it
>without "rolling" the IP to access, a non-trivial undertaking and
>something I didn't want to attempt in the parking lot of my apartment
>building.  The Chilton's manual had zero mention of the '87-'93 model year
>in this area).

I remember that day...  My heater core was about to go, so we decided to
change it.  We couldn't get it done, so I took off for home (about an hour
away) to take it to get it fixed the next day.  About five miles after I
left Jim's the core blew and filled my passenger floorboard with
coolant...  Sure makes me miss that Mustang. :)

-Matt