need help, civil engineer stuff

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: need help, civil engineer stuff
From: "Adams, Frank" <fadams@Pennoni.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:05:18 -0500
Carson or Wendy <dammwood@shaw.ca>

writes:

> Our landlord has cranked up our daily rental rate for holding

> autocrosses. One of the reasons they give is to cover future

> replacement

> of the asphalt surface.

> The landlord said they would be willing to lower the rental rate if

> we

> could find some info regarding the wear on the asphalt surface that

As I recall the biggest enemy of asphalt (aside from base failure) is
NOT enough use. You need traffic to keep the asphalt flexible. Otherwise
the material starts to dry out, then crack, then the base fails, etc.
It's pretty hard to wear the surface before it fails due to cracking and
base failure.

Frank M. Adams