Re: Timer Glitches in Atlanta

To: Charles <golden1@britsys.net>
Subject: Re: Timer Glitches in Atlanta
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng TMR DDR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:31:58 -0700
Chuck,

You are putting words in my mouth I did not say.  This has nothing to do
with whether or not the event was "in my backyard".  If it had been in my
"backyard" and I was able to attend the event I would still feel the
same way.
I would want problems to be identified and corrected.  So in your
selfishness
you are saying that because you had to suffer through a less than perfect
situation you want everyone else to feel your pain by suffering through the
same problems for the rest of the year? Whats wrong with trying to make
things better?

I don't know the solution to this.  Those that had bad results will want the
event to be thrown out.  Those with good results won't.  If the results are
valid then they should stand.  If they aren't then they shouldn't.  I
don't have
the information to determine that.

The Fine's do have a point that improved communication might have helped
in this situation.  It usually does.  I also saw where some people
mentioned on
the SCCA forum where some people are so uptight that, if they had any idea
there were issues in timing, they would have had a meltdown.  Knowing
this may have influenced the decision to make an announcement.  I think
people need to lighten up a little bit.

I do know this though Charles.  I don't care if I offend you anymore.  All
you do is complain all the time about everything.  Maybe you should consider
a different sport.