Re: Timer Glitches in Atlanta

To: "The Fine's" <webefine@qcol.net>
Subject: Re: Timer Glitches in Atlanta
From: Scott Troyer - TestEng TMR DDR <stroyer@micron.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:22:15 -0700
You know, I've seen two very negative posts on this now on team.net and also
a discussion on SCCA forums.  Do you have anything positive to say?  Are
you
ready to offer any sort of solutions?  What is it you want?  Do you want
them to
throw the event out? If so then come out and say so (though I doubt
Larry minds
that 1st place finish in AS).

I am sure the National staff was doing their best in what looked to be
extremely
miserable conditions.  If this brought out problems in the new timing
system then
it is good they are being found now and not later in the season. I'm
also sure
they are aware of the issues and are working at correcting any problems
before
the next event.

The results are still marked as unofficial so the national office may
not have decided
on the final solution to the issues.  I think we should wait and see
what they are going
to do.

Scott Troyer
Snake River SCCA