Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?

To: <jones_mb@yahoo.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <solo2probegt@cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:25:21 -0600
Personal responsibility... lawyers have a different definition of that.

Of course, it would be really bad if someone tried this and the car went out
of control and killed someone.  There's a reason SCCA events have waivers,
wristbands, and fine print... thanks to the the modern court/jury/lawyer
system we have in the USA.  Does BMW not have lawyers fine-toothing every
single thing that comes out of that place?  I love cool car commercials just
as much as anyone.. the RSX-S, Altima, Ford GT commercials to name a few...
but they all have the disclaimers.

Now, about those Ford GT commercials during the big game... didn't it just
kick all of the other car commercials' butts?

Brian

> I fail to see what the whole big fuss is about.  Whatever happened to
personal responsibility?  If you do something foolish in your car and you
get hurt, why should you even think that a TV commercial was responsible for
your actions?