Re: First computer

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First computer
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 12:05:26 -0800
Wow, we have a lot of folks on this list that have used some pretty
ancient computers! My first computer (1981) was an Apple IIe followed
by a TI 99/4A and a Commodore 64. Wasn't able to access the list from
home until late '94 when I signed up for my first ISP and soon after
started the Northwest autocross email list and the Western Washington
Sports Car Council website (both February 1995, I think).

While I wasn't one of the original team.netters I did join fairly early
on, sometime in late 1989 I think, about the same time I bought my
Miata. I know that I was a team.net member when I went to my first SFR
divisional in 1990 and met Josh and Akhana for the first time. We were
quite small for a long time, hard to believe that nowadays team.net
*is* Solo II. I also remember the endless "geek" comments Roger Johnson
used to taunt us with until we surprised him with the "Roger is Geek"
banner at the '92 Talent show (the same show where the sheep jokes
first started). Lots of fun memories...

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         ICQ: 52688023
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl