RE: Wheels failing, was: VR-6 Wheel Fit

To: <eric@mail.brown911.com>, "'Abe Potter'" <vwpsycho@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Wheels failing, was: VR-6 Wheel Fit
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:09:30 -0600
But they are failing. Failing as in cracking.

I know personally of a NEW this past April VW that went in to get snow
tires mounted and the tire shop wouldn't touch it as 3 of the wheels
were cracked. Not even an AutoX car, just a socer mom in our office. The
dealer said VW wouldn't replace them. TireRack was more than glad to set
her up with some new wheels at a quarter of what the local dealer (Stan
Olsen VW, Omaha Nebraska), wanted for the OEM replacements.

Don't ask what they charged her to replace the motor it blew up after
said dealer did the first oil change.  The dealer has since taken the
car back under nebraska's Lemon Law.

Or another dealership in Nebraska where the Parts and Service managers
walked out due to 'policy changes' last year. (neither would elaborate,
but it made the local paper.)

VW / Audi may be a lot of things but one thing they aren't is a
'standup' car company anymore.