RE: '65 Mustang decode

To: "Will Kalman" <will@kalman.org>, "Autox" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: '65 Mustang decode
From: "Crider, James A." <JamesCrider@metaldyne.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:08:03 -0500
Will Kalman [mailto:will@kalman.org] said:
> Made in Van Nuys?  I grew up in Van Nuys and there was a huge
> GM plant that
> opened in the '40s that was home of the Camarobirds for many
> years.  I've
> never heard of Fords being assembled in Van Nuys.

GM was in Freemont and Van Nuys... now I'm blanking on where the Ford plant
was.  It's now a shopping mall.  Drat, and me without my reference materials
here at the office... Google to the rescue... San Jose.  Not even the same part
of the state.  And Edison is often referred to as Metuchen, New Jersey in the
literature.

My error.  Good catch, Will.

> Galpin Ford, I believe the largest Ford dealership in the country, is
> roughly in Van Nuys, could location of first sale be mixed up
> with location
> of manufacture?

No, just a wetware vapor lock on my part. :)  I kept thinking of Shelby
American as being an LA-area organization, which is probably what confused me.

Jim Crider
autojim@despammed.com

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and immediately
delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this email by anyone
other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. No representation
is made that this email or any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning
is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient. Thank you. Metaldyne
LLC