Slick Classes Run Later (was Nationals Solo II Championship)

To: <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Slick Classes Run Later (was Nationals Solo II Championship)
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 13:07:31 -0700
Unfortunately, this bias appears to already exist, at least in the National
Tours. :(

Over 24 National Tours that I have in my database, open classes running
slicks were in the first Heat only 10% of the time. Based on the varying
number of heats in those events, if it were purely random they would have
been in Heat 1 21% of the time.... far outside of the possibility of random
chance.

I haven't looked at Nationals yet since I don't have that many events in my
database yet.