ProSolo Finale is *sold out*

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: ProSolo Finale is *sold out*
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:38:25 -0700
Yesterday there were 182 registered entrants for the ProSolo FInale so
I figured I'd mail my entry in (didn't  want the myautoevents.com
people sitting on my money for 6 months since they charge your credit
card right away). Well this morning I woke up to find there were 226
entries and that registration has closed! This is the 8th of May
people, what the heck is going on? Many current points leaders and
former ProSolo champions are not yet on the entry list including 3 of
the top drivers in my class (FSP), so we have a problem brewing.

I think that the National Office people haven't noticed that ProSolo
entry counts are way up this year, from an average of 125 or so a few
years ago to something nearing 200. This means a larger number of
people become eligible for the Finale and creates a shortage situation
if the limit is kept at 225. So that leaves a bit of a conundrum, do
they raise the entry limit and have to run late to get 250-300 drivers
through, do they tell someone already registered they can't run because
they are not in mathematical  points contention, or do they do nothing
and tell someone in championship contention they can't run the final
event?

I called SCCA and Tasha and Howard were already on their way to Atwater
for this weekend's Pro. I did speak to someone in the department that
says that the plan right now is that there will be a waiting list and
that the 225 limit will not be changed. Given that there is some
precedent for raising the limit in the past and that neither Howard or
Tasha are yet aware of the issue it most likely will be dealt with, but
just in case I encourage everyone in the same position I am to call the
Rally/Solo department at 785-232-7656 (or speak to Howard/Tasha at this
weekend's event) and let your opinions be known.

Thank you,

- Alan Dahl