RE: 350Z Vs. Boxster and S2000

To: <BRUBEL51@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 350Z Vs. Boxster and S2000
From: "Graeme Weston-Lewis" <gweston@lsil.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:06:03 -0700
Talking to one of our local Club Racing hot-shoes who has the track model, he
told me that it suffers from significant understeer at
the track.  Autocross tends to amplify these track tendencies.  I believe that
BS is the right place to start with the 350Z.  It's
pretty big and not exactly light either.  With a 10" longer wheelbase than
either the Boxster or S2000, 200+ pounds heavier and
almost 2" wider, it's going to be challenge to make the car dance around the
cones.  Wheels are 18x7.5/8, so it's probably going to
be 245's all around there, just like the Boxster.

Once we get a good look at it in action, we need to pay attention to not just
it's finishing position, but who is driving it and who
their competition is before jumping to conclusions about its suitability for
the class.

Just IMHO of course,
 Graeme