Re: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?
From: ZND4SPD@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:33:40 EST
OK Matt, now you're jogging my memory.

Polly and I ran a '97 Boxster for a few events before selling it and buying
the 968 that she won ASL Nats with in '98.

My theory on the delayed campaigning of the Boxster was due the cost, lack of
aftermarket parts, and lack of development of the car. We spec'd the correct
options on the Boxster but there were no aftermarket shocks, sway bars, etc..

The 968 motor is/was stronger but as we know mid-engine cars do well at AX.

As for the body flex, many people told me they saw the door to body gap open
an inch or so when we launched at a Pro Solo however, I did score the best
reaction time at the practice starts for that event.

  R.L. Mitchell
Znd4spd@aol.com