Re: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <shui68@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Boxster in A Stock history lesson?
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 19:57:16 -0800
Steve Hui asked:
> A question for those who have been doing this for longer than I have -- why
> did no one field a stock class Boxster at the national level until 2000?
> With the base Boxster being one of the cars to have in the current B Stock,
> and the Boxster S purportedly being a class killer in A Stock, it seems
> awfully strange to me that no one ran them when they first came out.  I
> can't find the results for the 1997 Nationals, but it seems that not a
> single person ran a stock Boxster at the 1998 or 1999 Nats.
>
> Anyone have any insight into why this was the case?

In '98, Michael Butler (multi-time national champ in a Miata) and I co-drove
my father's '97 Boxster in some local events and at the San Diego National
Tour, and quite frankly, kicked ass.  It was a big surprise that people didn't
go out and buy one after that.

We would have happily continued to drive it that season except that I had to
return the car :-(

Josh