Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: "Rand E" <rande@mwis.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:38:26 -0600
> At 06:22 PM 12/18/02, Red Raevyn wrote:
> >I heard that I-70  is horribly bumpy from the Rockies to Ohio because of
the
> >contraction/expanding -   could be outdated information though.
>
> I-70 varies from state to state and even within a state.

I was on I-70 from Missouri to Ohio a couple times in the last year.  I-70
across Missouri is pretty rough.  Especially on the St. Louis end.  (Not
that the KC end is especially smooth, either.)  I-70 through Illinois is
better condition than Missouri.  I-70 was good in Indiana and Ohio.

> I can't recommend I-80/90 across northern Indiana (Indiana Toll Road).
> Narrow, rough in spots, lots of trucks, and you have to pay the darn toll.

The speedlimit on I-80 across Iowa is 65.  Speedlimit on I-70 across
Missouri and eastward is 70.

Randy
rande@mwis.net