Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Driving from Washington to Pennsylvania
From: "Red Raevyn" <redraevyn@softhome.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:22:56 -0500
Hi all =)

I am leaving from here in Seattle on Saturday.   I have a couple routes
suggested to me -
A) just getting snow chains and taking 90 like I did to come out here,
B) going down to Sacramento on I-5, 80 East, 70 East, and
C) 90 to 82 to 84 into Salt Lake, 15 S to US 6 S, to 70 East.

I really don't know much about driving the west in winter, hehe, since I'm
from Pennsylvania. I drove out here in early October, so I didn't have
troubles with snow and such.   I'm in an 88 Jetta GLi, so, FWD, and it's on
Kumho Ecsta's at the moment (not an option to put other tires on it) .    I
heard that I-70  is horribly bumpy from the Rockies to Ohio because of the
contraction/expanding -   could be outdated information though.

Just really looking for any kind of useful advice you can give me on a route,
since I know there is an absolutely huge wealth of information available from
this list.

Cheers,
Greg