RE: F1 Grand Prix

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: F1 Grand Prix
From: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:53:04 -0400
><<
>if you ever get the chance to manage a $100+ million racing team
>operation
>your perspective is likely to change regarding team orders and the
>reasons
>behind them.
> >>

>When it starts being a job instead of a hobby probably makes it a little
>different too.

Very true...  Although I think $100 million is a bit of a low-ball
number.  I have heard closer to $500 million for Ferrari this year....  (A
two car NASCAR team is probably $50 million)  How much do you think it is
going to cost to START a competitive American F1 team, considering they
have to still build all the wind tunnels and junk like that?

-Matt