Miatas and A Prepared

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Miatas and A Prepared
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:49:06 -0700
Here's a rumor I heard:

I asked a D Prepared competitor what would happen if the MG Midgets and Sprites
could indeed drop their weights to be more competitive with the Miata. Well, I
don't even know if these cars can drop their weights without sacrificing the
car's structure, but anyhow, I thought I'd just ask.

And the response didn't touch that at all. Instead what I was told was, "No,
because the Fiat X 1/9s can't."

Then I went looking in the results at the Miata Massacre. Boy did the Miatas
clean house. See for yourself:
http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nationals/2002/results/dp.html. Holy smokes,
that's a .5 second margin of victory with one whole other Miata in the the
trophies in a class otherwise dominated by Midgets, Sprites, and one Fiat.

Then I noticed that there is only one Fiat in the whole class.

So, I guess the idea is that if you move the Miata, still in production, out of
 D Prepared, this will keep the doors wide open for all those Fiat X 1/9s
currently in development?

Anyway, you can't get mad at me for asking questions.

Katie Kelly