Taka Aono's FSP Corolla

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Taka Aono's FSP Corolla
From: Bill Bailey <estock71@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:17:16 -0700 (PDT)
-de-lurk-

I don't know why everybody's bitching about this
Corolla.  Corolla GT-S's were in DSP for YEARS without
anyone ever complaining about them like this.  Why?
DSP cars are lighter than this car.  And nobody ever
put the effort into one like Taka & company did, so
you never had one so good show up at Nationals.  Now
suddenly it's "quick, get the overdog out of our class
so some (insert car brand name here...Honda or VW will
do) can win!"  I knew this was going to happen as soon
as SportsCar picked him.  It's ridiculous.  The car
weighs 2300 pounds and fits with FSP...He's a good
driver and did everything right this year; he probably
would have won FSP or come very close even if he was
driving something else.  You put the two together and
complaints ensue.

If you want to read about Taka's adventures this year,
go to www.club4ag.com

Bill Bailey
GT-S owner for 16 years

"I just can't stand it!"