Are your events open to everyone.....

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Are your events open to everyone.....
From: "Ron Chapman" <CHAPMANR@calbt.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:56:38 -0700
I'm sure Jim won't mind if I throw out a couple of related questions:

How many events do you run per year?

Who works registration (volunteers, racers, committee members, etc.)?

Who "hosts" the event, ie, what group of people does the pre-event organization
and the event management itself?

To explain the last question....

In San Diego, we rotate hosting events among four clubs.  Our solo 2 committee
does much of the pre-event work, but the event management (with the exception
of the safety steward) is done by the hosting club.  Cal Club has clubs also,
but my observation (correct me if I'm wrong) is that many if not most events
are hosted by their board, and certain of the board members do much of the
event management.

As you might guess from the questions, we're struggling with our programs
growth, and there is a lot of discussion about what kind of changes might be
made to accomodate the growth while providing a quality autox experience.

Ron Chapman