Friendly Compliance Checking Proposal

To: seb@scca.org
Subject: Friendly Compliance Checking Proposal
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:04:01 EDT
SEB,
Given all the Bruhaha that happened in protests at the Solo 2 Nationals and
the statement made by several over the last few weeks that compliance
checking has been lacking at National Tours over the past few years has led
me to make this proposal:

Friendly compliance checking will occur during tech inspections at NT's and
Pro's during the year.  Not all classes will be checked everytime and not all
areas will be checked for the obvious reason of  the lack of time and space.
Any violations found will result in a warning to be fixed as soon as possible
(at least before the next NT or Pro) unless said violation is too severe in
the opinion of the protest committee.  The idea here is to get as much
compliance as possible by the Solo 2 Nationals and to show the newcomers that
they need to know the rules and to ensure that their cars are legal to the
last detail.
This has been done before in road racing's Runoffs so I do think we can do
this.

Jim Murphy