Re:Helmets for '03

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Helmets for '03
From: dkyeung@juno.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:04:28 GMT
Good catch Phil.
I know locally, the PCA and BMW events have upped their requirements to Snell95
or newer. The windfall is the SCCA club got to capitalize on their old loaners
that are now out of spec for them but satisfactory for SCCA autox events.

Dave Yeung
Houston Region
---------- pethier@isd.net writes:

I feel I should point out for the new folks that might have missed this
subtlety,
that rules questions on this list tend to default to SCCA Solo2 national rules,
even though this is an autocrossing list, not an SCCA list.

It behooves you to check the clubs with which you will be autocrossing.  Lee
Frisvold came to me at a local autocross one day and said "Man, I just had to
tell Roger Johnson he can't use his own helmet."  So check your events, many
local councils are requiring newer helmets, driven by member chapters of NCCC,
BMW, PCA and the like, who are in turn driven by their national club insurance
requirements.

Phil Ethier