RE: Helmets for '03

To: knuckledragger@kcweb.net, rickcone@bellsouth.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Helmets for '03
From: pethier@isd.net
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:53:40 -0500
>My understanding is that the current and prior two SNELL spec'd helmets are

>allowed.  This would include your '90 spec helmets until the 2005 SNELL
>specs come out.

I feel I should point out for the new folks that might have missed this
subtlety,
that rules questions on this list tend to default to SCCA Solo2 national rules,
even though this is an autocrossing list, not an SCCA list.

It behooves you to check the clubs with which you will be autocrossing.  Lee
Frisvold came to me at a local autocross one day and said "Man, I just had to
tell Roger Johnson he can't use his own helmet."  So check your events, many
local councils are requiring newer helmets, driven by member chapters of NCCC,
BMW, PCA and the like, who are in turn driven by their national club insurance
requirements.

Phil Ethier

Phil Ethier