Re: route from North Platte to Topeka ??

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: route from North Platte to Topeka ??
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:57:37 EDT
as someone who travels a lot over the road, I highly recommend Microsoft
Streets & Trips.  It downloads the latest construction off the internet and
takes it into account when determining the best route to take.  It's been a
godsend to me for finding customer locations in unknown locales via an
address.  It's been much more up to date and user friendly than some of the
past software I've had; Rand McNally, etc.

In this case, specifically listing Forbes Field as the destination it
suggests taking 183 down to I-70 and then east to Topeka.  If I just
generalize Topeka as the final destination it suggests going east to SR-2 in
Lincoln, over to US Hwy 75S in Nebraska City, and then south to Topeka.
There is some minor construction on either route and the mileage is nearly
identical.  The difference is probably because Forbes Field is on the south
side of town, whereas downtown Topeka is located on the northside.

regards,

Mark