Slotted vs. Drilled rotors

To: "AX - Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Slotted vs. Drilled rotors
From: Kei Josephson <Kei@rehermorrison.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 12:59:54 -0500
Having been a manufacture rep for aftermarket high performance products,
here is what I have learned about slotted and cross drilled rotors.

Cross Drilled Rotors                                    Slotted
Crack because of heat over a period of time.    Will not crack due to heat
Brake rotors were not designed to be drilled    Road racers now prefer the
slotted
        (Except Porsche and other high end cars)                        rotor
vs. a cross drilled.
Reduces total disc area for brake pad           Insignificant loss of total
disc area
                                                                Slight increase
in pad life

                There you go!!

                                                        Kei Josephson

The NEW Reher-Morrison Super Series & Classic Engine Combinations are
available now!  Check our website for more details and applications!

"Your Engine & Parts Department!"

Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington, TX 76001