Re: Safety Belt / nitrous

To: ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety Belt / nitrous
From: bluemr2@mac.com
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:04:43 -0500
 > can understand a classing issue, but the safety one doesn't make sense
 >to me.  People do stupid things with gasoline too, but we don't ban
 >that...

        I'm against nitrous for the explosion hazards...  We *need* gas to
run (at least right now), but we don't *need* nitrous...

 >We had someone with a Honda re-connect his nitrous after tech and on his
 >first run he grenaded his motor so bad you could see all sorts of
 >internal engine parts. Needless to say the event had to come to a halt

        That happens all the time anyways...  1) People that buy an MBC, a
big turbo, then proceed to crank the thing all the way up on pump gas
and stock internals (well, they then become externals!).  2) People
bring '70s/'80s muscle cars.  Sorry, but they seem to be a bit weak in
the engine department once the exhaust/intake are opened up!!!  (or more
appropriately "built exactly right..."  No room to grow)  :-)

E-Mod Brian