RE: Novice needs suggestions.

To: "'cary alpert'" <cary_alpert@yahoo.com>, Will Kalman
Subject: RE: Novice needs suggestions.
From: "Stolz, Ken" <StolzK@mso.umt.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 06:15:46 -0700
I agree that seat time is most important.  But Jeffrey said his all-season
tires would be toast soon.

So I recommend he enter STS-N with some Falkens on his stock rims.  This
will improve his times (which never hurts), while still keeping his costs in
line and his learning curve in the "slippery" tire range.  He could be
reasonably competitive in STS for around $500 and drive to the event on his
"street" tires.

~ Ken Stolz
#12 STS Scooby-Roo