Re: Rule Books

To: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>, <dave2020@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Re: Rule Books
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 04:00:38 -0600
I find "I'm not going to buy the rules until I know that I fit in them"
humorous for two reasons.

1. The arrogance of someone who puts a lot of "stuff" in/on his car, then
expects the rulebook to fit the project instead of finding out what the
rules are and building to the book. It's a I-class concept (*I* want a class
for the car *I* have that *I* can win with).

2. The way the SCCA Solo II rules are -- and even moreso now with ST and
SM -- there is just about nothing out there that is not legal in SOME class
(with the possible exception of a Suzuki Samurai and other top-heavy SUVs).
It may not be legal in the class you wanted to be in, but it is legal in
SOMEthing, even if that something ends up being DM or EM. Or AM.

--Rocky Entriken