Re: Brake Pads

To: "Charles R. Schultz" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>,
Subject: Re: Brake Pads
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 17:26:26 -0500
At 03:43 PM 2/3/02 -0600, Charles R. Schultz wrote:
>I'm sure this has been whipped to death, here, in the past, but I might
>as well throw it out again:
>
>How should I select brake pads for my daily driver that I will be
>autocrossing this summer?
>
>I guess I want pads that will work cold, basically, since I'm not
>planning any track days and don't drive real mountains.
>
>Maybe just whatever AutoZone sells would be best, but I don't really
>have a clue how to compare brands and variations within brands without
>spending a lot of time and money trying each out.
>
>TIA.

The closest you can find to "stock" OEM. You want a high quality STREET
pad. Hawk HPS work very well on my autocross formula ford plus there is a
bonus . . . essentially no dust. They modulate well, work stone cold, and
are the least expensive pad Hawk sells. Don't confuse the HPS with HP Plus,
the Plus pads probably work cold but they were harder to modulate on my FF
and they dust a lot (and they cost a little more).

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford