RE: Tires for Next year (Azeni in the rain)

To: "'Chris Grivas'" <chris@piombo.com>
Subject: RE: Tires for Next year (Azeni in the rain)
From: "Stolz, Ken" <StolzK@mso.umt.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:36:27 -0600
FWIW.

When I drive to events in Spokane from Missoula I have "fun."  Two weeks ago
I drove in very heavy rain at night, temp about 36 degrees.  Not huge
puddles, but definite ponding in the "studded tire grooves" and water
running across the road in quantity in some areas.  I did all the corners
posted at 45 (advisory posting, not speed limit) at 80, all those posted at
50 at 85.  Not a problem with the Azeni and my Subaru.  Had done the same
thing in the Spring with the RE71s.

I "have" to drive that fast in the rain in order for the Rain-X to work ;-)!

~ Ken Stolz
Scooby Roo - #12 STS