Re: hydrogen embrittlement, europa autocrossing

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>, <lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: hydrogen embrittlement, europa autocrossing
From: Vince Bly <vbly@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:45:13 -0400
At 12:10 PM 10/10/01 -0500, Phil Ethier wrote:
>I managed to make out to the last MAC MOWOG-Series autocross of the season
>with "Grace N. Violence", my  Lotus Europa.  I didn't bother putting the
>headlights back in, as I am still planning on painting the car "real soon
>now".
><snip>
>On my first three runs, I realized that you can't keep 185-60-13 R1s in
>baggies for five years and expect them to stick.  ;-)   I slewed around
>quite a bit but managed to keep the front wheels in front and the car
>between the cones.  I only assassinated pylons on the second run.  The timer
>box announced a not-really-embarrassing time at the end of my third run.  I
>had hope for the next round.
>
><snip>
>
>Phil Ethier    Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
>1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
>LOON, MAC   pethier@isd.net     http://www.mnautox.com/
>
>=========================

Phil,

         You may remember that there was one size in the Yoko R1 series
that had
a slightly different tread pattern and exceptional stick; that was the
175/70-13.
If you, or anybody else is interested, I have eight of these--new!.  They have
been in dark bags, indoors, since new.  I originally bought them as rain
tires for
my Elan, which I later sold to Rex Carle.

                                                         Vince Bly  #49 STS