Auto-x style track event at Saint Lawrence Motor Park Sept

To: nehalist@topica.com, a4@yahoogroups.com, turbo@ifound.com,
Subject: Auto-x style track event at Saint Lawrence Motor Park Sept
From: "Seth Achilles" <SACHILLES@SUGARBUSH.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:45:12 -0400
The Sports Car Club of Vermont hosts its third event at Saint
Lawrence Motor Park in upstate New York.

On Sept 15th and 16th the SCCV is returning to upstate New York
for their third and final event of the season at SLMP.

SLMP is a 0.75 mile road course that went into operation this
summer. The course averages around 28 feet wide. The course has
plenty of run out room.

The format for the event will be similar to an autocross. Only one car
will be on course at a time. Competitor will get one warm up lap, one
timed lap, and one half of a lap for cool down. Saturday will be a test
and tune day with plenty of timed runs( I recall having about 10
runs). Sunday will be the official competition. The number of runs
will be determined by the number of entrants. Convertables must
have roll bars that extend above the helmets of the driver. Long
sleeve shirts and pants made of natural fibers are required. Helmets
with a snell rating of 90 or newer are acceptable.

There is camping available on site free of charge. There isn't any
running water at the sight, so you must be self sufficient. Fortunately
there is one outhouse on site(bring you own TP). There is a local
swimming hole just down the road(St, Lawrence river), if it manages
to get too hot this time. 90 percent of the competitors camped out at
the last event. Fun was had by all at the campfire that night. If you
just can't rough it, there are local hotels, but the quality varies, buyer
beware.

Does this sound like fun or what? So what does it cost?

$45 for SCCV members and $55 for non members(including non
SCCV members of NEHA). If we have less than 30 entrants we will
have to raise the fee by $10 across the board.
We ask that you pre-register. The entry form can be downloaded
from the forms section at www.sccv.org. You can also link to the
track layout as well as see our classification system.

Please join us. I guarantee you'll have fun.
email me with any questions.

If you plan on attending, could you also send me a note, I'd like to
get a soft number of the people who plan to attend.

Hope to see you there!

Seth

SETH ACHILLES
Cash Control Manager