Re: Big Brother, the original question

To: "Andrew Schmiechen" <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>,
Subject: Re: Big Brother, the original question
From: "Ron" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:09:21 -0400
Dealerships will try to screw you.  They will find any way they can to
dishonor the warranty.  Sure they get "paid" by the manufacturer, but not
near as much as from the public.  One Chevy dealership said they seen me
racing at the local drag strip (only took that car once, to see what it
could do down an 1/8th mile strip), promptly voided my warranty.  I paid for
the repairs.  A few months later, I took it to a different Chevy dealer,
since their labor rates were better.  They told me my car was STILL under
warranty, and the repairs I PAID for at the other dealership was ALSO payed
for under warranty!!!!  That dealership got paid TWICE!!!!  Needless to say,
I got my money back, plus some extra, some for my lawyer, AND an extended
warranty.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
84 300ZX Turbo