Re:Best Women Drivers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Best Women Drivers
From: Lloyd Loring <LWLoring@Home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:25:40 -0500
I guess the members of this list are too young to remember one of the
best female drivers ever in the sport. This driver was also was a
constant factor in the improvement of our sport for many years,
especially in CENDIV.

She also was one of the prime architects of the present event
organization of the Nationals, from a one-region run event to an
event using the best talent in the entire club.

Her record of National Championships in B, C and D Modified totalled
an amazing 15 with a run of 8 consecutive titles and another of 6
consecutive wins. Her firs championship was in 1979 and her last in
1995.

I'm speaking, of course, of Joyce Looman. Unforgettable.

Lloyd Loring   LWLoring@home.com