Hoosier Tire Pressure Recomendations

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier Tire Pressure Recomendations
From: Mike Lowe <mikelowe@pointecom.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:56:15 -0500
        I need pressure recommendations for my tire/wheel setup.  I asked for
this
before but the info somehow got lost when I went to this new computer.  I
have 225-50-13 road-race compound radial Hoosiers on 13 x 8 Keizers.  The
car is a 215 RWHP (more if I could tune ECUs worth a darn) turbocharged 94
Miata with aftermarket springs and sways.
        What pressures should I use?  I'm guessing the mid-to-high 40s.  How
about
47 front and 44 rear?    I know it's safer to go too high.  I've seen new
Hoosiers die ugly deaths at low (for them) pressures.  Kumhos take my car's
abuse well.  I just don't want to kill the Hoosiers in 15 runs.

All advice is appreciated.

Mike Lowe
96 Miata R (retired B Stocker)
94 Miata FM II Turbo (weekend weapon)