Autoxing a Golf

To: lesser_of2evils@hotmail.com
Subject: Autoxing a Golf
From: "CJ at Pylon.CC" <pylon@pylon.cc>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:22:20 -0500
Chuck,
        Saw your message on team.net and thought I would give some
thoughts.  I drive a 94 Golf.  I can't really comment on the Protege,
but here are the thoughts on the golf.  I run STS, have springs,
exhuast, chip, intake, and 16x7.5 wheels.  I am just now getting
really competitive on a local level, still not national, but hey it takes
time.  I don't know if the car will ever be nationally competitive
though, it is just downright heavy.
        With these mods the car is far better than it was stock, it has
minimal body roll, pretty good power considering the motor, and
handles great.  I have had quite a few other drivers tell me lately
how well they think it handles.
        The biggest improvement though came from the Evolution
school I took a few weeks ago.  I would like at some point to drive
another car in an event, or two, and see how competitive I can be,
then I would hopefully be able to better judge if my car is just not
up to the task, or it is the driver.
        It is a great car, and I haven't had any major problems, till last
night my clutch started slipping.  I am planning on running my Golf
till sometime next year, then get a different car for autox/daily
driver.  I drove a CP mustang yesterday for a few runs and could
hardly get myself back into my car afterwards.   Today though I
was leading STS over a few Impreza's when I left to come to work.

Well, just some quick thoughts, sorry if it doesn't clear much up!

Chris
www.pylon.cc/vw/

http://www.pylon.cc/
Pylon.CC Racing Forums