Re: RE: best roadster?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: best roadster?
From: WheelerDealerUSA@netscape.net (Jonathan Kniskern)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:35:11 -0400
It is a silly question, but I have to put my 2 cents worth in also. Gotta love
the list.

BMW or Porsche = Big Bucks (those are capital B's)

S2000 = Medium sized bucks (240hp normally aspirated 4-banger - how do they do
it? I also think it's limits are just being explored. It would be lots of fun
trying it out, but there's a very small aftermarket compared to...)

Miata or MRS = Lots o' Bang for the Buck

Personally I prefer the Miata (I have 2). They are great cars as anyone who has
ever owned one will tell you. On paper the MRS beats out the Miata,  but the
Miata wins for seat of the pants fun and the grin factor - this is according to
Motor Trend. I've never driven an MR2 or MR2T or MRS, but know from
autocrossing in my region that the MR2 Turbo is/was a very fast, very competent
A-Stock car and costs a lot less money than other AS cars. (Maybe it's just
Paul Brown's driving - glad he doesn't drive a Miata!)

If money were no object, I would get the Boxster S.
JK.