Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion

To: "Team.net Autocross List" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Creep - Powers to Be Opinion
From: "Mike Smith" <msmith2@columbus.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 21:26:49 -0400
Yeah, I remember a particularly windy event that kept 're-aligning' our
timer boxes for us. (I was T&S chief at the time). So, we had to weigh down
the timer boxes.

The course had an 'S' right in front of the lights, and a FS Mustang came
through it like a CP Mustang, spun, and 'SMACK!' punted one of the boxes.
Normally it would've gone pretty far, only the weight in it made it only
slide10-15 ft or so. It also put a serious dent in his rear quarter panel
and punctured the left rear tire.

I gotta go with the straight finishes group.....

Mike
CP 58

> I would rather finish a course under power in a straight line with an
> appropriate
> amount of run off (slow down) room.  Stop Boxes, finishes on curves, and
> finish
> slaloms are produced by course designers who have run out of ideas.  I
have
> seen more drama as a result of a finish on curve than a straight line.
You