Re: Mark Bradakis is my hero

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mark Bradakis is my hero
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:16:21 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 3:06 PM

>Glad someone noticed.  What Loren is talking about is another filter put in
>place through which mail for autox.team.net passes.  Previously, messages
with
>attachments, useless crap like winmail.dat and HTML formatting were
shuffled
>off to the side, where I may or may not have gotten around to dealing with
>them in a timely fashion.  The 'demime' filter now cleans up a lot of that
>stuff automatically

I noticed.  I belong to a couple of Lotus lists on some stupid ad-driven
"free" server.  The damned thing auto-dials on me, I get stupid attachments
from the (rare, most of these folks are very good) induhvidual who can't
figure out that attachments and trick formatting don't belong on a mailing
list.  I hate the setup.

Mark's setup is ideal.  No banner ads, no signature-area ads, no attachment
garbage, no auto-dials.  Hats off to Mark for running this system clean and
simple for us car freaks, no matter what platform we are on.  I believe I
still could do this list with my long-departed Atari 800.  Cheers!

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.