SP is NOT the issue here (was Re: The REAL Issue)

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SP is NOT the issue here (was Re: The REAL Issue)
From: "Ayer, John K" <John.Ayer@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 12:15:13 -0800
Pardon my Digest delayed response...

"That same wheel yeilds a 50# penalty on the same car in Prepared."

"Seems to me that Prepared would be less restrictive on BOTH items than SP. I
know the cam/heads/induction would work a helluva lot better that
way....<grin>"

Mike CP58"

And that's a token penalty at best for a CP car, what maybe 00.1 lb./hp extra
against 8.5 lb./HP?
And really fat tires didn't exist for little-ish cars until BFG pushed Yokohama
out of the sport.
Don't fix Prepared by "fixing SP"
The people who are running in SP are still pretty happy with it.
(Except in some details as the DSP/FSP split and maybe specific classing issues
:)

And if you get tired of running SP, you can UNbolt and SELL those wheels, then
cut up your body shell as required for Prepared and Mod, or return it to stock.
Or keep the wheels for when you "progress" to Modified...
A stable rule set is a good  thing.  You can't always hit a moving target.
If you want to argue about intransigent rules go over to Club Racing (Formula
Vee- Unchanged since 1963, and still one of the strongest classes)

Kimball Ayer
DSP X1/9
(Or maybe I'll see watt I can do with a SM WRX)