Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:44:28 -0500
Paul Foster wrote:
> How many people would benefit from having all the rules online
> tomorrow? A CD is now being included with every purchase so it is
> already in computer form. But why the purchase? Look at the
> 'books'. It is a profit center. But who is profiting from not
> having free and easy access to the rules?
>
> ... Have events and we will come. Have low cost events and even
> more of us will come.

Okay, so how would you like to compensate for the lost revenue from
online rulebooks?  Entry fees?  Membership fees?  Reduce insurance
coverage?  Reduce advertising budget?  The money has to come from
somewhere...

I'm not saying it shouldn't be changed -- I'm just pointing out that
you've got to make a tradeoff somewhere.

Mark