Re: rev limiter

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rev limiter
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:16:38 EST
Scott and Charlie,

A rev limit indicator is not benign; it provides the driver with information
for the SPECIFIC INTENT of avoiding an over-rev time penalty during
competition, which is clearly a *potential* performance enhancement.

Having served on the PC at Nat's myself (OK, first time this year :-), the
primary consideration is whether or not it meets the wording of the rules.
Sect. 13.2.A very specifically states:  "which have no effect on
performance".  Past rulings have clarified that "performance" relates to
driving just as equally as the vehicle (remember the infamous seat cushion
with the side bolsters built in?).

If you want to keep barking up the "it's just a benign accessory" tree, then
be my guest, but in my view, as we say in the south, "that dog won't hunt",
though it could boil down to how it is presented to the PC.

Mark