Re: Street Mod notes

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>,
Subject: Re: Street Mod notes
From: "Rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:25:56 -0500
I had a  friend back in the late 70's drop a buick aluminum V8 in his Vega
GT wagon (a popular swap) he also put a couple 4 barrel carbs and a
edelbrock manifold on top of it along with every other available trick. He
glued in to the asphalt with Addco swaybars,Carrea shocks and Pirelli P6's
  He came down to Atlanta with it in the spring of 1980 to visit and play
with the Vega at the annual Walter Mitty Challenge at Road Atlanta.
Everything went well till he was headed back to NY going north on I-85. He
was 30 miles from the SC stateline when a Camaro appeared in his rearview
mirror with a flashing blue light on the dash. My friend being from NY where
only Volunteer Firemen have flashing blue lights, figured a fireman wanted
to play tag, so he put the throttle to firewall and turned the Camaro into a
spec in his mirrors. He was smiling to himself till about 10 miles later
when three 3 Ga state troopers came flying off an entrance ramp and forced
him over to the side of the road. a couple mins later the Camaro rolls up
and a clone of Buford T Justice gets out. You can guess the rest of the
story LOL.

Rick